Ok, so you've made the decision that you're ready to raise your game. You've set some S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and within a Timeframe) Goals to give you some sort of direction. You've looked at your schedule and determined that you've got some time to get into the gym. The next step is to schedule your first Foundations Session with one of our Sports Performance Coaches!
During the 4-Session Foundations Program, we will:
- Assess your athlete's weaknesses (strength, power, balance, core strength, etc.) and determine a safe and realistic starting point.
- Determine their level of "coachability" to determine which of our programs would best suit their needs, whether they be more individualized programming or our small group sessions offered MWF from 4:00-5:15pm or 6:15-7:30pm.
- Examine any musculoskeletal imbalances that may lead to serious injury in the gym or on the field and teach your athlete how to avoid them and reduce injury risk.
- Instruct your athlete on the basics of functional movements and concepts such as midline stabilization, core to extremely movement, creating torque through the hips/shoulders, etc.
- Get your athlete comfortable and confident in the main lifts we perform on a regular basis in our small group sessions - squats, deadlifts, presses, and different variations of the clean.
- Instruct them on accessory movements designed to supplement their strength program, along with other concepts/movements including, but not limited to: jumping/landing, lunges, ball slams, GHD progressions, pull-ups, rows, and much more.
- Introduce them to the intensity component of our conditioning program and emphasize the benefits of intensity as it pertains to their results.
Once you've "passed" our foundations program, we'll determine the next step - either joining our Small Group sessions or continuing with our Private Training program.
Have additional questions? Contact us to set up a time to sit down and discuss your needs and goals in more detail!
Our Foundations Program is the first step to becoming part of the #AYSPsquad - all of our new athletes go through it before entering our semi-private sessions. The fee for this program is $120 and covers the 4 (four) 1-on-1 sessions with one of our qualified trainers. Ready to register? Fill out the form below and you'll be all set!